Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
CareKinesis, Inc. is looking for a Platform Engineer with a passion for cloud computing, infrastructure as code, monitoring and maintaining highly available applications and services.
As a Platform Engineer at CareKinesis, you will work closely with our software development team to ensure the developers have the deployment tools needed to ship code with ease. You will build custom engineering tools, in addition to integrate existing tools.
In addition helping maintain developer happiness, you will help monitor and secure our AWS infrastructure in an effort to ensure 24/7 availability.
- Automate and provision everything with BOSH, Chef, Jenkins
- Assist management of our Cloud Foundry platform
- Assist management of AWS Cloud services (EC2, ELB, S3, etc.)
- Systems and application monitoring and load testing
- Collaborate with software development team
- On-call support for production operations
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience
Experience and Training:
- Experience in a 24/7 production environment
- Understanding of the UNIX/Linux operating system
- Experience with Configuration management (e.g. Chef, Salt, Puppet)
- Experience with System Monitoring (e.g. Promethus, DataDog)
- Experience with System Logging (e.g. Logstash, Splunk)
- Excellent communication skills via email & online chat, in addition to in person and phone conversation.
- Extreme attention to detail and very well organized.
- Flexible in a changing environment. Agile philosophy, balancing expediency with accuracy.
- Strong organization skills. High degree of ownership for projects, and strong follow-through.
- Responsible and self-directed.
- Possesses high level of integrity, with good judgment and recognition of need for confidentiality in certain circumstances.
To be considered for this position, apply via email by sending an updated copy of your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com