South San Fran, CA
PACE organizations nationwide rely on CareKinesis pharmacy for medication risk mitigation services. CareKinesis increases medication adherence and reduces hospitalizations through expert consultation services, the EireneRx medication management platform, custom adherence packaging, and flexible medication access and delivery options. We consistently strive to reduce medication-related risk while documenting improved economic, clinical, and humanistic outcomes.
The duties of the pharmacy technician shall include, under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist:
- Fill prescriptions in bubble packs or vials using a heat press machine.
- Phone skills: interact with healthcare professionals over the phone, taking refill requests and answering questions while navigating our computer system to reach the answer.
- Receive electronic prescriptions or refill requests and fill the prescription under the direction of the Pharmacist.
- Verify that the information and filled prescription are complete and accurate.
- Operate and monitor robotic machines that dispense medicine into customized packaging.
- Process and affix prescription labels where not automated.
- Record data about each prescription into the computer.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for the drugs. Clean and help to maintain equipment and work areas.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, and inform supervisors of stock needs or shortages.
- Deliver, or prepare and stage for delivery, pharmaceutical supplies and drugs.
- Use pharmaceutical technician expertise to ensure compliance, efficiency and quality of operations. Participate in company quality initiatives. Secure information in accordance with the privacy and security guidelines of the Company and applicable regulations such as HIPAA.
- Identify opportunities for improvement or growth within the Company and suggest/implement them as appropriate.
Education: High School Diploma required.
Registration: Must be registered with the CA Board of Pharmacy.
Experience and Training: At least 1 year of previous pharmacy work experience.
Specific Skills: Excellent typing/data entry accuracy with good speed.Good computer skills to navigate proprietary and other pharmacy software.Skilled at to compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating and verifying data.Able to count, measure and weigh Rx components.Strong listening/reading comprehension.Strong mathematical and analytical skills.Understand clinical terms and impacts.Able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities without sacrificing quality.
To apply to this position please click on this link: Apply Here