CareKinesis Inc. partners with healthcare organizations to provide state of the art personalized medication therapy management and pharmacy services for high-risk populations. Enhanced medication-related outcomes and greater operational efficiency are achieved through a combination of web based technology, cutting edge science and expert pharmacist consultation services. We reduce costs, improve the quality of care and decrease the risks associated with ineffective medication plans.
We are seeking a Checking Pharmacist who will help to lead the revolution to improve healthcare to our nation’s most vulnerable seniors by assuming responsibility for the packaging and distribution of medications to our patients. This person will:
- Ensure accurate, efficient, timely and compliant medication distribution and fulfillment for patients.
- Provide timely final approval for dispensed prescriptions assuring the correct drug, dosage form, quantity, days’ supply, number of refills and packaging is dispensed to the correct patient and within guidelines. Responsible for proper labeling and warnings as well as verifying appropriate directions for use per prescription.
- Oversee operation of machines that sort, dispense and label medications, and verify the results of their operations.
- Work to ensure proper and compliant billing and record keeping of medications dispensed and shipped.
- Oversee proper storage and security conditions for the drugs.
- Oversee ordering, labeling, and counting stock of medications, chemicals, and supplies; and enter inventory data into the computer. Establish a routine check of expiration dates on stocked drugs. Ensure controlled substance record keeping.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, and address stock needs or shortages.
- Meet productivity standards while maintaining quality and accuracy
- Oversee Pharmacy Technicians to ensure compliance to company and regulatory guidelines (such as FWA, HIPAA and applicable pharmacy law), quality and efficiency of patient care and continued career development for the technicians
- Play a critical role in the growth of our Company.
- BS in Pharmacy with valid NJ pharmacy license
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in pharmacy distribution and packaging.
- Strong team player with excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and superior clinical judgment.
- Thrives in a technology environment.
- A team player driven by the desire to see the company achieve its mission and vision.
This full-time position is being offered for the following hours:
M: 9a – 5:30p
T: 9a – 5:30p
W: 11a – 7:30p
Th: 11a – 7:30p
Fri: 9a – 5:30p
**Will work every 4th Saturday (8a – 4:30p) with the following Monday off.