Through the Medication Risk Stratification™ process, each cohort member (patient) is assigned a Medication Risk Score™ and placed into one of four levels, ranging from low risk to very high risk. The TRHC medication risk algorithm is correlated well with Medicare Part A & B expenditures – high risk scores equal higher healthcare expenditures.
The TRHC risk stratification process:
- Enables a variety of approaches to manage pain and medication-induced side effects
- Allows for evaluation of efficacy of medication management programs against similarly situated cohorts
- Uses pharmacy claims, making the data gathering faster and easier than other risk stratification tool requirements
- Delivers a population-level survey of multi-drug interactions
- Provides prioritization for resource allocation saves the organization time and money.
- Reveals opportunities for improvement & intervention