Among our health plan solutions, TRHC offers plans a Medication Reconciliation Post-Discharge (MRP) program that delivers Stars and drives improved outcomes.
The core of our MRP program relies on our proprietary and patented science and technology to identify and mitigate risks associated with ADEs, a leading cause of hospital readmissions. Our simultaneous, multi-drug analysis assesses pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic safety factors associated with a medication regimen, and reports back to us risks associated with the accumulative impact of all these drugs – including OTS, supplements, herbals, vitamins and even recreational drugs.
Once target risk parameters are established, our board-certified PharmDs will either visit members in their homes or engage them telephonically, through one of our call centers, based on level of identified acuity. With one client, for example, all visits are in the member’s home. With another, TRHC provides interventions through both home visits and telephone calls.
At a high-level, TRHC’s telephonic MRP program generally looks like this:
- Focus on achieving Stars measure goals, improving medication safety, and reducing medical expenditures related to hospital readmissions
- Three Post-Discharge Calls/Member:
- Days from notification of discharge (complete medication reconciliation, medication safety review and action plan, member refrigerator profile, and prescriber outreach, as Warranted)
- 14 Days from notification of discharge (member check-in, confirmation of any changes to medication profile, adherence assessment, answer member questions, reinforce recommendations, gather data (e.g. falls), physician visits, admissions, etc.)
- 30 Days from notification of discharge (member check-in, confirmation of any changes to medication profile, answer member questions, reinforce recommendations, gather data (e.g. falls), physician visits, admissions, etc.)
- 100% Performed by TRHC’s Call Center, staffed by a dedicated team of board-certified PharmDs and CPhTs
- All data and interventions captured in MedWise Advisor (TRHC’s proprietary Medication Risk Mitigation Platform) using SNOMED Codes
- Regular QA Audits by TRHC’s TQM Team
- Full suite of client reporting/BI tools/dashboards
In the aggregate, we are presently tracking a reduction in readmission of ~33%.
For more information, visit the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.