TRHC is a family of companies that leverages technology to improve healthcare. TRHC works with providers and insurers to identify multi-drug interactions and to reduce risk of medication-related problems. We have developed the first multi-drug interaction tool that identifies risk across a variety of safety factors and presents meaningful opportunities to mitigate that risk. This technology can be used to assess safety at the individual patient-level or to stratify medication risk at the population-level, and can be embedded within any EMR or other healthcare IT system.
The purposes of this Post-Graduate Year 1 (PGY1) residency program of Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) – under the CareKinesis entity – are to train pharmacists to utilize their accumulated knowledge and experiences in order to practice geriatric personalized medicine and to excel in their future professional endeavors. The residency year includes required core learning experiences in the following areas: medication therapy management (MTM), Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) call center, PACE onsite, quality assurance-performance improvement (QAPI) also known as total quality management (TQM), teaching, and research & writing. The residency year also includes elective learning experiences in the following areas: pharmacoinformatics & healthcare technology, and practice management & marketing.
- Interviews patients, and in some cases their caregivers or representatives, to ascertain information about medical and medication history.
- Provides medication counseling and education to patients.
- Refers patients to other health care professionals, as necessary.
- Collaborates with health care teams to provide safe and effective patient care and manage patients’ medication therapy.
- Designs or redesigns safe and effective patient-centered medication regimens.
- Analyzes and assesses information on which to base MTM recommendations and monitoring plans.
- Makes MTM recommendations to personalize patient care.
- Documents MTM recommendations, monitoring plans, and direct patient care activities appropriately in the medical and/or pharmacy record.
- Ensures implementation of MTM recommendations and monitoring plans by taking appropriate follow-up actions.
- Leads and participates in clinical topic discussions and journal clubs.
- Responds to drug information inquiries, as requested or assigned.
- Performs other pharmacy practice tasks as needed.
Pharmacy Leadership & Management
- Assists with managing medication-use processes, services and systems, as applicable to the organization.
- Identifies opportunities and changes needed to improve patient care and/or medication-use systems.
- Develops plans to improve patient care and/or medication-use systems.
- Implements changes to improve patient care and/or medication-use systems.
- Assess changes made to improve patient care and/or medication-use systems.
- Provides analyses and reports to leadership, as requested, to evaluate outcomes of changes made to improve patient care and/or medication-use systems.
- Works with key stakeholders to perform gap analyses in quality and performance and to design and implement targeted interventions in order to minimize any potential gaps.
- Participates in medication event reporting and monitoring.
- Applies a process of on-going self-evaluation and personal performance improvement.
- Contributes to departmental management.
- Precepts at least one Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE) student.
- Manages one’s own practice effectively.
Pharmacy Teaching, Research & Writing
- Provides effective medication- & practice-related education to patients, caregivers, health care professionals, and students.
- Designs effective educational activities.
- Uses effective teaching skills to deliver education.
- Assesses the effectiveness of education.
- Participates in research initiatives and the enhancement of the organization’s clinical decision support systems.
- Leads & completes a research-based project that is publication-ready by the end of the residency program year.
- Works with key stakeholders to disseminate research findings, including presentations at local, regional, and/or national conferences.
- Conducts literature searches and effectively evaluates scientific evidence.
- Uses effective written communication to disseminate knowledge.
- Writes for company newsletters.
- Contributes to peer-reviewed publications.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) Degree obtained.
- Registered Pharmacist (RPh) licensure in the State of New Jersey required within 3 months of commencement of position.
- Degree obtained from an accredited college/school of pharmacy in the United States.
- Motivated and eager to learn and develop.
- Average Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) or ability to quickly self-teach.
- Respectable interpersonal and communication skills.
- Adapts to a high energy environment.
- Reasonable degree of ownership for projects, a sense of urgency and strong follow-through.
- Reasonable tolerance of ambiguity.
- Decent project management skills; ability to multi-task.
- Semi-independent worker who can effectively manage self-driven projects.
- Above-average written, oral, and in-person communication skills.
- Possesses high level of integrity
- Quality oriented
- Must meet and maintain hiring eligibility per Company standards, policies and procedures.
All applicants must include a cover letter and recommendations for this position:
To apply to this position please click on this link: Apply Here