Pittsburgh, PA are or St. Louis, MO area
Capstone Performance Systems, a subsidiary or Tabula Rasa Healthcare, is seeking a Professional Remote Medical Coder who will apply his or her technical and specialized expertise to help healthcare programs remain compliant with government regulations while identifying opportunities for increased financial success.
The Professional Medical Coder will work from his or her home office in the St. Louis, MO or Pittsburgh, PA area to review, analyze, and code diagnostic and procedural information from medical records that determine payments to our clients. The primary function of this position is to perform ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS coding for reimbursement. The coding function is a primary source for data and information used in health care today, and promotes provider/patient continuity, accurate database information, and the ability to optimize reimbursement. The coding function also ensures compliance with established coding guidelines, third party reimbursement policies, regulations and accreditation guidelines.
A Capstone Professional Remote Medical Coder will:
- Perform medical record reviews and use coding principles to code to the highest specificity and comply with CMS and HIPAA regulations as well as company goals and policies.
- Perform Quantitative and Qualitative analysis of paper and electronic medical records for completeness, consistency and accuracy.
- Perform risk adjustment data validations using AHA coding guidelines.
- Interact with clients and co-workers to communicate value added information, make improvements and maintain strong partnerships.
- Be a constant learner, performing research and staying abreast of updates to remain top in his/her field.
The successful candidate for this position will:
- Possess valid Certified Coding Specialist designation (CCS) issued by the American Health Information Management Association, Certified Professional Coder (CPC) designation, Certified Professional Coder Apprentice (CPC-A) designation or CCA designation with at least one year of coding experience. Being a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) is a plus.
- Possess at least 6 months experience coding ICD-9 CM.
- Have experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and be comfortable learning and becoming an expert on new and proprietary software.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, including propensity to establish and build strong relationships.
- Take initiative to establish priorities, coordinate work activities and perform multiple and complex tasks while working independently and with minimal supervision in a remote setting.
- Be detail oriented and quick to follow instructions and learn new tasks.
- Possess a strong work ethic with impeccable integrity.*Documentation Improvement experience, experience in Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCC), knowledge of or experience in Medicare Advantage plans and knowledge of or experience in managed health care systems, PACE or Medicare are plusses.
To be considered for this position, apply via email by sending an updated copy of your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org