Purpose or Reason for the Position: The Payroll Specialist is responsible for running multiple bi-weekly payrolls, ensuring compliance with tax and wage and hour regulations, managing the integrity of the Ascentis/Ceridian payroll system and reporting on payroll related information.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collects, calculates and enters data necessary for payroll processing, including but not limited to status changes (from HR department and HRIS system); team member hours worked, paid and unpaid benefit time off (via Time and Labor system and in coordination with managers); deductions and garnishments, bonuses and other additional compensation.
- Reviews and approves changes to the payroll system from HR and employee self-service.
- Processes and reviews bi-weekly payroll for multiple pay directories via Ascentis/Ceridian system, ensuring timely, compliant and accurate delivery of wages to all team members.
- Researches and executes any payroll requirements, including state, local and federal taxes, Social Security, unemployment, disability, pay rules, etc. Studies existing and new legislation; enforces adherence to requirements; advises management on needed actions.
- Manages 401k file transfers, company contribution administration and system updates. Assists with general 401k administration and compliance.
- Completes, interprets and shares payroll related reports.
- Ensures required filings are completed as necessary.
- Supports any payroll related internal or external audits.
- Addresses any questions or requests related to payroll. Troubleshoots and resolves any discrepancies.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- 5+ years payroll experience with Ascentis, Ceridian, and/or ADP required.
- Experience with a payroll software implementation preferred
- Knowledgeable and resourceful about payroll tax and tax regulation.
- Payroll related benefits administration experience including 401(k) required.
- AA or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting preferred.
- FPC or CPP certification preferred.
- Advanced computer skills; proficient MS Office.
- Typing and accuracy of 60 – 70 wpm.
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, customer service, analytical, written and verbal communication, and organizations skills.
- Has a demonstrated ability to follow-up effectively with all staffing levels, clients/customers, and vendors.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic.
To be considered for this position, apply via email by sending an updated copy of your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org