South San Francisco, CA
St. Mary Prescription Pharmacy, a subsidiary of CareKinesis, Inc., is an institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings.
St. Mary Prescription Pharmacy is recruiting a Staff Pharmacist to join our team. The successful candidate will provide pharmaceutical services to long term care and institutionalized patients in a manner that maximizes quality and patient safety. In this role, you would participate in and oversee the dispensing of medication in accordance with federal and state regulations.
The Staff Pharmacist performs the following:
• Evaluates physician medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, route of administration and stability.
• Makes recommendations for therapy changes to the physician and facility staff as appropriate.
• Works with patient medical information to conduct Drug Utilization Review (DUR) on all prescriptions and review clinical edits to ensure there is no adverse drug interaction.
• Maintains patient/resident database to include appropriate current and past medical history, appropriate clinical and laboratory data, and concurrent medication (including over-the-counter and home remedies).
• Works with other pharmacists to ensure that implementation of cost containment strategies (Blister/punch cards, Medisets, etc.) occurs on all dispensing and procurement activities.
• Provides clinical expertise by responding to drug-related questions and concerns initiated by physicians and nurses at all contracted facilities and collaborates with the healthcare team to provide clinical and technical support as needed.
• Documents all communication with physicians, nurses, other members of the healthcare team and patients/residents and their family members in the medical record.
• Obtains, as necessary, and maintains all required documentation in accordance with federal and state regulatory agencies and Company policies.
• Implements policies and procedures for the safe procurement, storage, distribution and use of drugs and biologicals, as well as disposal of drugs.
• Assists facility/agency staff personnel with procedures relating to safe and effective methods of procuring, maintaining, administering and disposing of drugs.
• Role may also include consulting at contracted facilities (ie. assisting the facilities in following federal and state regulations, and complying with facility policy and procedures, completing monthly medication regimen reviews, clinic inspections, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy or Pharmacy Doctorate.
• 1 year + experience in a retail, mail-order or institutional pharmacy environment preferred.
• Clear and active California Pharmacist licensure.
• QS1 and Docutrack experience a plus!
This position will work two 8 hour days, with the possibility to increase hours up to full time in the future.
To apply, send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.