Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) strives to be the nation’s leader in providing medication therapy management (MTM) services. TRHC is ramping up for exciting opportunities for (eMTM) Pharmacists to help carry out this objective by utilizing his or her clinical knowledge and skills coupled with innovative technology to optimize medication regimens for patients by identifying and rectifying medication-related problems, empowering patients to actively participate in their own clinical decision-making, and collaborating with physicians, pharmacists and other healthcare providers to improve patient outcomes.
This exciting new opportunity begins with a three month outreach project. During this initial training period time, the schedule will begin as indicated below. This schedule is subject to change according to business and client needs, and as we are able to share coverage with a growing team.
- Sun: Off
- Mon: 8a – 8:30p (12 hr shift)
- Tues: 8:30a – 7p (10 hr shift)
- Wed: OFF
- Thurs: OFF
- Fri: 8:30a – 7p (10 hr shift)
- Sat: 10a – 6:30p (8 hr shift)
- Sun: Off
- Mon: 8:30a – 7p (10 hr shift)
- Tues: 8:30a – 7p (10 hr shift)
- Wed: 8:30a – 7p (10 hr shift)
- Thurs: 8:30a – 7p (10 hr shift)
- Fri: OFF
- Sat: OFF
In this role, the eMTM Pharmacist will be responsible for:
Patient Care Planning
Prior to telephonic consultation with enrolled patients:
- Reviews notes from outreach encounter and prior patient encounters, if relevant;
- Reviews pharmacy and Medicare claims data, if available;
- Assesses current, reconciled medication regimen;
- Evaluates medication-related problems (MRPs) automatically identified by the medication risk mitigation system (i.e., MedWise Advisor) and identifies additional MRPs, if relevant;
- Prioritizes MRPs to address with patients; and,
- Generates questions to ask during the telephonic appointment.
Contacts patients scheduled for telephonic appointments to:
- Conduct interviews,
- Address chief medication concerns,
- Discuss identified MRPs,
- Assess medication concordance and adherence, and
- Provide medication counseling and education, including recommendations on how, including the optimal time of day, to take medications.
Prior to concluding telephonic appointments:
- Ensures patients’ needs have been filled to their satisfaction, and
- Establishes expectations, including follow-up, in collaboration with patients.
Following telephonic appointments:
- Prepares an individualized care plan for patients to include medication-related issues discussed, specific recommendations for medications, and any action items for patients to share with their healthcare providers (e.g., primary care physician).
After telephonic appointments:
- Works with TRHC staff to send materials to patients.
Healthcare Provider Collaborating
- Contacts patients’ healthcare providers (e.g., primary care physician) on their behalf to address MRPs and/or other medication- or health-related issues.
- Works with community-based pharmacists to provide eMTM services for enrolled patients.
- Provides consultative services and/or drug information to healthcare providers, including community-based pharmacists, upon request.
- Works with patients’ insurance providers (e.g., ClearStone Solutions) to determine eligibility for cost sharing assistance when warranted, and provides follow-through.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following qualifications
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree obtained.
- Current Registered Pharmacist (RPh) and active licensure in good standing.
- Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (CGP) certification obtained within 6 months post hire or eligibility.
- Degree obtained from an accredited college/school of pharmacy.
- Completed the APhA Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services certificate program, or will complete within 3 months post hire.
- Above-average knowledge of geriatric pharmacotherapy and ability to apply knowledge to clinical practice.
- Ability to assess patients, using verbal and visual cues.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently identify and rectify medication-related problems.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with patients, including the ability to express empathy and use reflective listening.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently provide medication counseling and education and discuss clinical information in patient-friendly language.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with healthcare professionals, including the ability to provide clinically relevant and timely recommendations.
- Excellent written communication skills, including both layperson and healthcare professional communication.
- High degree of ownership for tasks and self-accountability and strong follow-through.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask, and achieve deadlines.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn and develop.
- Thrives in a high energy environment.
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative manner.
- Basic understanding of web technology and clinical decision support systems.
To learn more or be considered for this position, email an updated copy of your resume and a letter of interest with salary requirements to Human Resources at careers@TRHC.com