Moorestown, NJ, Mt. Pleasant, SC or St. Louis, MO with option to work remotely
Tabula Rasa HealthCare’s software engineers develop industry leading, healthcare-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize medication regimens. Our software provides healthcare workers and organizations with sophisticated and innovative tools to better manage the medication-related needs of patients. Our products process information at large scale and extend well beyond data entry and presentation. We’re looking for engineers who bring new ideas from all areas, including but not limited to information acquisition, distributed computing, large-scale system design, data storage, security and UI design. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific product and/or projects critical to TRHC’s needs with opportunities to learn new skills as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. Our engineers need to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Capstone Performance Systems data specialist is responsible for managing data flows between applications (internal and external), database operations and performance, data loading from clients, and participating in the design, implementation, and maintenance of software as necessary to perform those functions.
A Capstone Data Engineer is a software developer who will:
Perform data management/Business Intelligence-
- Manage data flows for ETL (loading files from clients and TPAs/EMRs), CodingInsight, and internal Coding/Auditing tools
- Optimize data flows, data collection and database performance
- Gather requirements and design Business Intelligence solutions which incorporate dashboards and reporting.
- Create and manage:
o Interactive dashboards for embedding into Internal & Client-Facing applications
o ETL systems for data warehouses & data marts which integrate multiple domains including Clinical Operations, Research, CRM.
o Analytical (OLAP) cubes, complex SQL stored procedures and other database objects
o Enterprise reports like Crystal Reports
- Embrace agile SDLC philosophy for all BI projects with high user-touch across phases of: requirements, design, develop, developer test, UAT, deploy.
- Collaborate with Software Developers and Project Managers regarding embedding of BI into Clinical, Billing, and Research applications.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and analysts to fulfill ad hoc requests by writing SQL scripts & creating Excel & PowerPoint analyses.
- Collaborate with IT Technology Operations for BI server planning & maintenance.
- Research new BI technologies & conduct proof-of-concept evaluations.
Perform Software Development-
- Develop data warehouse for analytics
- Develop software related to data management
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Completes miscellaneous projects for Capstone as assigned or requested.
- Understands and adheres to The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, or related equivalent.
- 3+ years of software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience with MySQL or some equivalent relational database system.
- Profiling and tuning experience.
- Enterprise Reporting Tool and Data Visualization Tool experience.
- Strong knowledge of data modelling techniques and translating them into physical designs.
- Excel Power-User (Pivot Tables, Charts, VBA Automation). Experience with MS Word and PowerPoint, and comfortable learning and becoming an expert on new and proprietary software.
- Ability to develop clear documentation, design specifications, training materials, etc.
- Ability to evaluate new technologies that can help in the production or consumption of BI information, within the IT teams and in the wider business.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts, technologies, and best business practices.
- Strong analytical abilities, organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communication.
- Highly skilled at establishing priorities and coordinating work activities. Consistency, accuracy, promptness, and adherence to productivity standards are of paramount importance.
- Skilled at performing multiple and complex tasks.
- Skilled at training others in data entry and abstracting.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients.
- Has exceptional initiative and follow-through on projects with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Must be detail oriented, follow instructions and work independently with minimal supervision with highly confidential information per HIPAA regulations.
To be considered for this position, apply via email by sending an updated copy of your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org