The Accounting Clerk performs a variety of accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedure and utilizes computerized software programs (QuickBooks, Excel, etc.) to perform duties and responsibilities to support our growing Accounting department.
Some duties in this role include:
Assists in month end reporting procedures
Processes accounts payable and receivable as needed.
Performs filing and general administrative tasks
General accounts receivable functions:
Prepares and submits customer invoices
Codes, posts and receives payments
Prepares and coordinates deposit activities
Performs all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations
Monitors customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payment
General accounts payable functions:
Checks, verifies and processes invoices
Sorts, codes and enters accounts payable data
Ensures proper authorization of invoice charges
Analyzes discrepancies and unpaid invoices
Maintains vendor files
Other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. College level accounting classes or Accounting Degree preferred.
2-4 years hands on accounting.
Some experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems.
- Basic computer and word processing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes and works efficiently.
- Listens, communicates (written and verbal), and follows-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers.
- Independent, self-starter, energetic.
- Demonstrates good common sense and sound judgment.
- Performs at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment.
- Possesses high level of integrity, recognizing need for confidentiality in certain circumstances.
- Must be positive, friendly and professional.
This position is based in our Moorestown, NJ corporate office.
To learn more or apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.